VGA screens are coming to the mobile phones. Today Vodafone announced new Sharp 904SH cellular phone for UMTS networks featuring 2.4″ 480×640 pixel VGA LCD screen. VGA displays have four times the resolution of QVGA displays used in today’s handsets. Other interesting features of this 3G cell phone include:
Motion Control Sensor that measures handset posture in all directions in 3D
Built -in Bluetooth multiplayer games and chat software
Face Recognition device (additional camera and software) that is able to identify the owner from their eye and facial features within one second
Wireless software upgrades
Vodafone Sharp 904SH handset also comes with all standard goodies of high end mobile: 3.2 megapixel camera with 2x optical and 50 times digital zoom, 20MB of built-in memory and a slot for miniSD Memory card, 128 poliphonic ringtones, music and video players, additional software.
Currently this phone is available only on Vodafone network in Japan, but it is likely to show up in Europe and U.S. this summer.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sharp to try its luck in Chinese cellphone market with Aquos clamshell phone
- Sharp solar-powered phone (SH6230C) coming to China, other global markets
- Sharp VGA Touchscreen/Fingerprint reader
- Samsung, LG, RIM and Sharp will support JIL widget specs
- Vodafone’s upcoming phones: Qisda QCM-330 with 1280 x 1024 pixels screen, LG GD880 and more