Today Cingular Wireless announced the launch of “Watch This” 3G video service. This on-demand video service allows users to watch video clips, sports, news , weather, entertainment and premium content on Cingular’s 3G network. 3G capable phones are required in order to be able to play the content.
Cingular has collected impressive array of video offerings including:
- ABC TV – Trailers of the hit Touchstone Television series “Desperate Housewives,” “Grey’s Anatomy” and “Lost”
- Cartoon Network – “The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy,” “The Powerpuff Girls,” “Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends,” “Codename: Kids Next Door” and “Dexter’s Laboratory”
- Adult Swim – “The Brak Show,” “Aqua Teen Hunger Force,” “Sealab 2021″ and “Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law”
- CNN – Content from Now in the News (updated hourly) and programming offered from categories, including Top Stories, Business News, Sports, Politics and Entertainment
- Disney Channel – Promotional clips of popular programming for kids and “tweens,” including “That’s So Raven” and “Kim Possible,” as well as selections from Playhouse Disney, Disney Channel’s curriculum-based programming for preschoolers
- Disney Mobile Studios – “The Muppets,” Disney Classics and Disney Originals 2D and 3D animated shorts
- ESPN – ESPN Fantasy sports programming, college sports content, news, X Games, original programming and ESPN Deportes
- FOX Sports – In-depth regional coverage of all major pro and college sports
- FOX News – Video clips from the day’s headlines
- FOX TV – “House” and “King of the Hill”
- FUEL – Action sports, athlete profiles and crashes
- HBO Family (premium) – “Crashbox” and “El Perro”
- HBO Mobile (premium) – “The Sopranos,” “Sex and The City,” “Curb Your Enthusiasm” and “Entourage”
- iFilm – Movie trailers and clips, celebrity interviews and updates
- Music Choice – Diverse selection of music videos, artist interviews and performances, and music news
- NBC – News, headlines, “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” and “Access Hollywood,” NBC Universal’s hit entertainment magazine
- SPEED – The #1 source for motor sports news, expert insight, analysis and lifestyle programming
- The Weather Channel – Local and regional updates, as well as severe and tropical weather reports
- TV Guide Channel – Reviews of the hottest shows and movies on TV
Additional Cingular offers premium content from HBO starting from $2.99 a month. Cingular “Watch this” services requires $19.99 Media Net Unlimited data package.
Cingular Video will initially be available in the markets of Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Tacoma and Washington, D.C. Additional 3G markets will be rolled out throughout the year.
Cingular currently offers 3G service on the LG CU320 or Samsung SGH-ZX10 handsets and will add the Nokia 6282 and LG CU500 to its 3G product line later this spring.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T Mobile TV Service Launches Sunday
- WatchESPN app now available for Android
- Disney Android phone announced in Japan
- Disney To Offer Its Own Cloud Service?
- LG Disney Mobile 3 on 3 Italia