Telecom News (reg. required) reports that Apple is set to release iPhone mobile phone within next 12 months. Investment Bank’s Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster in a research note on Friday said:
“…we believe Apple will benefit from what we estimate to be a 75 per cent chance of an iPhone in the next 12 months.”
Apple’s entry to the mobile phone arena has been a ripe ground of speculation for several years now. First Apple’s foray into mobile world with Motorola’s ROKR cell phone was not so successful, mainly because of a tight grip of wireless operators have on any new features and services offered through their networks. According Steve Jobs – “…these orifices just won’t allow it“.
But with the advent of UMA technologies and Wi-Fi enabled cellphones the things might be changing.
Apple’s Filing for a trademark of “Mobile Me” describing the device with computing, digital music, PIM and telecommunication capabilities further indicates that Apple is really working on a mobile device.
So when can I get my iPhone?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Steve Jobs about the Apple Tablet: “the most important thing I’ve ever done”
- Adobe now works with Apple to bring us Flash for iPhone
- Steve Jobs tells user “We don’t track anyone”
- Apple to unveil the iPhone 5 on October 4
- Steve Jobs has just passed away at the age of 56