The new buzzword in mobile phone land is “thin”. The trend started by the success of Motorola RAZR was soon followed by other handset makers. And Samsung appears to be a leader among them. Recently it has claimed to beat Motorola with the “world thinnest” Samsung T509 “candybar” shaped handset.
And now they have announced even thinner cellphone – a credit card sized Samsung SCH V870 “Platinum Card Phone”. This business targeted handset is 8.9mm thick, 5.4 cm wide and 8.7 cm long and even comes with a leather case similar to those where you hold your credit cards.
Despite it’s small size Samsung SCH V870 features all standard business cellphone goodies like 1.3 megapixel camera with video recorder, MP3 player, external memory card slot, calendar, electronic dictionary, file viewing and printing capabilities.
Samsung SCH V870 is expected to retail somewhere between $500-600 before subsidies.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung X820 cellphone – slim…slimmer…slimmest!
- Samsung SGH i718 Windows Mobile PDA smartphoneapproved by FCC
- 10 Megapixel Samsung SCH-B600 phone Nears Worldwide launch
- Samsung SCH V960 Optical Joystick Phone
- More Nokia E71 spy pics and unofficial Nokia E66 specs