When we found Samsung “Perfume” mobile phone patent application we wondered, what’s next? Well next is “Feng Shui” cellphone from Motorola.
In an application published on April 20, Motorola wants to patent “Method and apparatus for evaluating locations according to Feng Shui principles“. In this application they describe a camera phone or PDA with some additional sensors and clever software that is able to evaluate environment according to Feng Shui principles. To be able to do Feng Shui evaluation this cellphone will have:
- Three-dimensional Hall-effect sensor for measuring the strength of electromagnetic fields and to form a compass to determine the geographic direction in which the main wall of the house faces.
- Digital camera to determine color saturation, order and balance of the surroundings.
- GPS receiver to determine geographic location of the phone.
- The coordinates are then sent to the GIS databse through wireless network to to get the information about the surroundings of the location, e.g. the distance from the undesirable sites such as major airports, landfills, and factories.
- Cellphone microphone is used to measure noise level of the location.
- AM/FM radio to measure the AM and FM transmission strength and the distance form nearest AM/FM towers.
- The table with the chi values of each parameter is stored in phones memory and is used for calculation of chi values of different parameters.
When you want to carry out Feng Shui analysis of particular building or location you just have to take some pictures of the surrounding area, point the phone to the main wall of the house and press the button. The phone will do everything else:
Determine the directions which the main wall faces and deduct points if the direction is west or add points if the wall faces east, etc;. Evaluate if the colors around you are favorable or undesirable, balanced or not? Analyze the noise level of the surroundings, measure magnetic fields and calculate chi values for all the parameters to give you results. The results can be display as a summary indicating positive, neutral, or negative chi, or you can get detailed report about the chi rating for every parameter measured.
As more and more mobile phones are churned out by various vendors the engineers seem to be getting more and more creative. So we ask again – What’s next?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Body Fat Measuring Phone from BenQ
- Samsung SCH V960 Optical Joystick phone. How does it work?
- Sony Ericsson W302 “Feng” leaked
- Exercise with your Nokia 5500 Sport Phone
- Palm is working on a palmtop with detachable cellphone