On it’s site Sony Ericsson says that it’s W710i Walkman Sports phone is coming to the U.S. soon. And indeed it is so. It seems that FCC has just approved this model or it’s variation for the use in United States.
The reason we are a little confused about it is that the Users Manual on FCC site labels this cellphone as W712a instead of W710i and the looks are a little different. The flip phone on the FCC site has a retractable antenna. Quick scan of the Users Manual shows that this handset uses the retractable antenna only for Hearing Aid Compatibility. So it might be that Sony Ericsson W712a is a special version of a W710i Walkman Sports Phone for hearing impaired, because all other features on this mobile are just like in W710i:
- General looks sans antenna
- Fitness applications measuring speed and distance
- 2 megapixel camera
- Walkman features and software
- Memory Stick Micro Slot
- And all other goodies…
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- More Polish pics of Sony Ericsson W890 Walkman phone
- Sony Ericsson W890i Walkman Phone Specs and Webshot
- Sony Ericsson M610i (Lizy) Approved by FCC
- Sony Ericsson W710 Walkman sports phone
- Sony Ericsson K850i Cybershot, W999i and Shinobu Walkman, M610 Lizy to be announced on June 14?