Can Samsung’s phones get any thinner? Apparently, yes.
Samsung’s Ultra Edition II phones are using 1.9 mm thick LCD module, produced by it’s daughter company Samsung SDI.
And now, according to Korean Times, Samsung SDI has produced a record breaking 0.74 mm thin LCD module that will go into the next generation of Samsung phones.
That’s full 1.2 mm or 63% off previous generation screens, which will make Samsung Ultra Edition III candybar handset only 4.7 mm thin.
I just wonder, how thin Samsung can make it’s phones until we start folding them like a paper sheets?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Worlds slimmest Samsung Ultra Edition 5.9 U100 Phone is here
- Samsung Ultra Edition 12.1 U700 Thinnest 3.5G HSDPA Handset
- Samsung Ultra Edition 9.6 U300 Slim Clamshell
- Samsung Ultra Edition 10.9. The “Worlds Slimmest Slider” Sheds Another 2mm
- Samsung Ultra Edition 10.9 U600 Slimmest Slider Gets Official