Sharp was the first mobile handset manufacturer to put a VGA screen on a mobile phone with it’s Vodafone Sharp 904SH clamshell. Now it want’s to do something better by making this VGA screen into a touchscreen combined with fingerprint reader.
Developed in Sharp’s European labs the new VGA touchscreen features 640×480 300 ppi resolution, 30fps frame rate and has built-in image sensor that can read your fingerprints.
The screen will be used in cellphones and will add touchscreen and biometric sensor functions to them.
As demonstrated in Samsung SCH – V960 Joystick phone, the fingerprint reading ability also gives Sharp the possibility to implement touchscreen scrolling function similar to that on Apple iPhone, in a way that is not covered by multiple Apple patents.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung SCH V960 Optical Joystick phone. How does it work?
- Fujitsu Offers Waterproof Phone with Fingerprint Sensor
- Sharp Alice SH0037D and Tango SH6017D launched in India with Opera Mini pre-installed
- Apple wants to embed cardiac sensors into an iPhone case to identify you
- HTC wins patent for Face Unlock