Just few weeks ago we were talking with my girlfriend of why nobody can make a cellphone just for kids.
It should look like a toy phone, be cheap, fun and easy to use and have some nice games for kids. Well, looks like there is such a phone and it’s called Papipo!. Unfortunately it’s available only in Japan.
Designed by Japanese phone company Willcom and toy vendor Bandai, Papipo! phone comes in 7 different designs – 5 for girls and 2 for boys, Hello Kitty, Tamagochi, and Dragons among them.
Papipo! has a number of interesting games, a camera and it costs only 4800 Yen – that’s about $41 in US dollars.
Now, if only someone in our part of the world will have a bright idea, I think there shouldn’t be that hard to get such phone produced from off the shelf components.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung expands its Hello Kitty line-up in France
- Sony Ericsson F305 Hello Kitty Edition – every little girl’s dream?
- Alcatel to launch a Lego phone (for kids)
- New NFC-ready Samsung Bada phones coming soon. Wave 575 Hello Kitty launched in France
- LG Kids Pad tablet launches tomorrow, wants to teach children new things