Mobile Diva Darla Mack is at it again. I guess it’s great having creative fans
In January she posted an image of, most likely, phoptoshopped Nokia N99 with a specs of a dream phone.
Now she has another e-mail from someone with another creative speculation of how Nokia N96 may look like:
Since Nokia N96 comes out before N99, the specs are also less impressive, but still interesting:
- 8.5 mm, 7.1 megapixel camera and 20x optical zoom
- symbian 9.5
- 3″ screen – VGA rezolotion
- Live TV – HDTV
- 8GB (internal memory I’m assuming)
- Bluetooth and more
If not for 20x optical zoom (c’mon where do you put it in the phone that thin!) and HDTV ( let’s get normal TV working on the phones first) other specs are quite possible even this year.
Symbian 9.5 is here, Sharp 904SH with VGA screen is already shipping, GPS, Wi-Fi, MP3 and even 8GB of flash memory is a nobrainer, 7.1 mpx camera is a real possibility. As for the 8.5 mm thickness, Samsung U300 is 9.6 mm thin and they just have shaved off another 1.2 mm off their LCD screens.
So while this Nokia N96 looks like a pure fantasy, it provides us with a useful exercise to think of how advanced smartphones may look next year. Have any ideas?
Update: It was a nice concept for some speculation. But now the pictures of Nokia N96 leaked to the Net, the specs too. And the pictures are very different from the from drawing above, but the specs (except for the camera), are not that far off base.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 12MP Nokia camera phones coming in 2010?
- Samsung G810 smartphone to take on Nokia N95
- Optical zoom is coming to Sony Ericsson Cyber-Shot phones
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom priced in the UK
- A new Nokia camera flagship with optical zoom to succeed N8 this spring. Still runs on Symbian