NTT DoCoMo today has announced that it will begin marketing “Exclusive” M702iS Dolce & Gabana phone via it’s PC and i-mode portals in Japan soon.
NTT DoCoMo 702iS D&G phones will cost 75K Yen (~640 US$) and will be available online from 8:30 on April 20th to 10:30 pm May 31st, or while supplies last.
Well, “exclusive” sale with with concrete time window and “while supplies last” line is a good way to build the initial buzz for the launch of new phone.
Except that it is not a new phone, it’s the same old Motorola RAZR V3i Dolce & Gabana phone that has been selling around the world for months now.
It’s got great looks but puny specs (2.2″ QVGA 262K display, 1.3 Megapixel camera), especially for Japan market.
Let’s see if the looks and smart marketing are enough to translate into real sales.
Source: NTT DoCoMo
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- NTT DoCoMo 3G FoMA N904i by Stefano Giovannoni
- NTT DoCoMo still waiting for “right condition to sell” iPhone in Japan
- Hummer HT1 Car Fashion Phone
- LG Prada L852i enters Japan, get’s 7.2 HSDPA
- Fujitsu F905i, the first phone released by NTT DoCoMo outside Japan