We have been waiting for the promised Zenum Opus Operis PDA Phone since the beginning of spring. Well, the spring is almost over, so we decided to get in touch with Zenum and see what gives. And we have some good news for you.
According to company representative, Zenum Opus “… is almost done and should be on schedule” (Spring 2007).
Here some more new details about Zenum Opus PDA phone:
- It looks like Zenum is dropping the Operis name and will market the device simply as Opus
- Instead of Windows Mobile 5.0, Zenum Opus will be running Windows Mobile 6.0 from the start
- Expected unsubsidized retail prize for Zenum Opus is 799 EUR
- Zenum also plans to enter into distribution agreements with wireless carriers worldwide
- Zenum Opus 3G with HSDPA is scheduled for the end of 2008
Other features of Zenum Opus include:
- QWERTY keyboard
- TI OMAP 850 CPU
- GSM 900(850)/1800/1900 connectivity,
- GPRS class 10
- 128MB of Flash ROM, 64 MB RAM, miniSD memory card slot
- 2 megapixel camera
- 2.5″ TFT LCD Display with touchpanel
- Bluetooth, WI-Fi b/g, IrDA
- MiniUSB Connector
- Dimensions: 121x66x14 mm
At nearly 800 EUR Zenum Opus is certainly not cheap. But it ain’t targeted for the budget shopper as well.
And for those looking for a great PDA phone and ready to pay premium for style – Zenum Opus is a very good choice.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Zenum Opus Operis PDA Phone coming soon, probably during CeBit
- "Vaporware" gets real: Zenum Opus PDA phone launching tomorrow, Art Lebedev’s Optimus Maximus in 3 days
- Zenum Organum Mp3/Mp4 Player. It’s all about looks baby!
- Motorola Opus One to be an iDEN Android smartphone?
- E-Mobile EM-One Mobile Broadband Terminal from Sharp