Besides being the biggest international sports event, Olympic games are also a major branding and business promotion opportunity. So after becoming Worldwide Partner of the Olympic Games in wireless communications equipment, Samsung now rushes to capitalize on it, by launching its marketing campaign for the Beijing 2008 Olympics.
And Samsung already has a logo and three
“…high-profile mobile phones designed especially for this grand event”
according to their press release.
The phones are Samsung E848, P318 and U308.
Only it looks like these phones are not really new exclusive designs for BOCOG .
Samsung E848 is the same Samsung E840 10.6 mm thin slider with 2 mpx camera, announced this February, Samsung P318 is renumbered Samsung P310 credit card sized phone and Samsung U318 is a rebranded 9.6 mm thin clamshell – Samsung U300 Ultra Edition II. All these phones will have a joint marketing campaigns with China mobile.
Even though it’s seems to be a bit too early, now we know what the official phones for Beijing Olympics will be. At least some of them, since it’s more then a year until the games actually start.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Note Olympic Edition spotted in the UK. Galaxy Y Olympic Edition coming soon, too
- Samsung Ultra Edition III to get even thinner
- Acer Iconia Tab A510 Olympic Edition now available in the UK for £349
- Acer Iconia Tab A510 Olympic Games Edition gets unveiled, will be out later this month
- Samsung donates 1,000 G618 Olympic handsets to Chinese Olympic team