As the European launch of an iPhone approaches, the speculation about which mobile operator will become an exclusive distributor for it, increases.
Now German magazine Focus online reports that T-Mobile may be the winner of Apple iPhone’s distribution rights in Germany. The report is based on an accidental find of the iPhone section in T-Mobile online shop in Germany:
It looks like T-Mobile online shop was testing an iPhone section of the site and it has been accidentally made accessible via the Web.
The page, that could shortly be accessed via t-mobile.de/iPhone URL , did not provide any details about the phone and only had an “indexierungstest” (indexing test) message on it. The section was promptly removed after Focus inquiries and now resolves to 404- Site not found message.
Both Apple and T-Mobile declined to provide any comments on the reports.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- SHOP4APPS – Motorola’s own Android app store coming soon
- Apple iPhone 5 available now, stock shortages everywhere
- Case manufacturer gives further hints on an iPhone nano
- Vaja turns into yet another iPhone nano case maker
- iPhone 4 to launch in China on September 16th, antenna bug, free bumpers and all