E-Ten Glofiish X800 approved by FCC
The wait for the E-Ten Glofiish X800 Pocket PC Phone is almost over. And it was worth it. First shown off during CeBit tradeshow in March, feature packed E-Ten X800 has won a number of awards and praises from various tech publications worldwide.
Yesterday E-Ten Glofiish X800 has been approved by FCC and should soon start shipping in the U.S and worldwide.
Along with all the approval documentation came users manual with full specs for the E-Ten X800. And they are really impressive, sporting such features as built-in GPS, 640×480 VGA display and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Full specs for E-Ten Glofiish X800 include:
- Windows Mobile 6 Professional OS
- Samsung SC3 2442, 500 MHz CPU
- 256 MB Flash ROM, 64 MB SDRAM
- 2.8″, 640 x 480 (VGA), 65,536 colors, TFT-LCD touchscreen
- HSDPA / UMTS (2100/1900/850 MHz)
- GSM Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- EDGE class 10, GPRS class 10
- BluetoothÂ® v2.0 Class 2 + EDR
- WiFi IEEE 802.11b/g
- Built-in GPS module (SiRF Star III)
- 2 Mpx Auto-Focus with flashlight, up to 1600×1200 resolution camera
- 0.3 Mpx Fixed-Focus Camera for video calls
- 1530 mAh Li-Ion Polymer Battery
- Dimensions: 113.5 (L) x 60.5 (W) x 15.8 (H) mm
- Weight: 139g
E-Ten X800 Glofiish has the looks and the features to become a really great small PC in your pocket. The only thing that may be lacking about X800 is QWERTY keyboard or just a simple numeric keypad, since WM6 text and number entry on a touchscreen with a stylus is not really for everyone.
Oh, and I think E-Ten could afford Adobe Acrobat or other pdf creation software, since the message “PDF created with pdfFactory Pro trial version www.pdffactory.com” on every page of publicly available users manual looks kinda funny.