3G Nokia 7900 Prism is real
Fairly accurate rumors about Nokia 7500 Prism has been circulating around the net for a few months now. The news about it’s 3G sibling – Nokia 7900 Prism were much more scarce.
There was some info in mobile forums about possible 3G Nokia Prism 7900, but the spec sheet was so strange and it looked so similar to Nokia 7500, that I seriously doubted the accuracy of the source.
Well, I was wrong. Today 3G Nokia 7900 Prism has been announced officially.
And, as you can see, Nokia Prism 7900 looks very much like Nokia 7500.
Except for a beefed up specs:
- Quadband GSM 850/900/1800/1900 and WCDMA 850/2100
- 2.0â€?OLED with up to 16M colors
- 2 mpx camera with flash, 8x digital zoom
- 1 GB built-in memory space
- Series 40 3rd edition OS
- Music player with up to 9 hrs music playback
- up to 10 days standby time
- up to 2.8 hrs talk time
- Dimensions: 112 mm x 45 mm x 11,3 mm, 55cc
- Weight: 101g
The specs for Nokia 7900 Prism are OK for a 3G phone.
But Nokia Prism 7900 is more about the looks. And once you get a hang around it’s prismy shapes, laser etched metal surfaces, aluminum back cover, big shiny OLED screen and personalization light effects from 49 different colors, Nokia 7900 becomes a real eye-candy.
Nokia 7900 Prism will cost 400 Euro before subsidies and will start shipping in Q3 2007.