The camera in Sony Ericsson K850i Cyber-Shot phone is almost as good as in many lower end digital cameras. There is only one thing missing that would have made SE K850i into a real digital camera replacement – optical zoom.
I guess with 5mpx Nokia N95, iPhone and other cool phone onslaught, Sony Ericsson just did not have enough time to make optical zoom work in current generation Cybershot flagship.
But don’t worry, looks like optical zoom is coming to the next generation SE Cyber-Shot. At least that’s what Chinese site iphone.com.cn, which managed to get some on some next gen Cyber-Shot phone chasis, is reporting:
As you can see, the phone itself should look very similar to current SE Cybershot K850i, with a little bulge at the back hiding the optical zoom features.
Looks like it’s only 3x optical zoom for now, but that still is a great improvement over the current versions of camera phones.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Cybershot with 3x optical zoom and WVGA display to be launched this week. Only in Japan, unfortunately
- Sony Ericsson K870i Cybershot to have 3x optical zoom 5mpx camera, HSUPA, Wi-Fi and GPS
- Sony Ericsson K550/K550im – slim and affordable Cyber-Shot Camera Phone
- Sony Ericsson Cyber-shot Android phone coming soon?
- Sony Ericsson K770 3.2 mpx Cyber-Shot phone launched