Sometimes when searching for news to report here, I stumble on some really amusing/interesting/bizarre nuggets that are just too good to pass. Even though their relation to wireless technology is extremely remote at best.
Case in point – Samsung patent application for “Sentry Robot“:
And you thought roboguards is the realm of science fiction writers and movies. Nope. It seams that serious companies are seriously considering the things.
Samsung’s robot sentry is envisioned as AI (Artificial Intelligence) enabled, armored, gun carrying robot with a number of fixed and moving high resolution/wide angle cameras. It will be able to continuously monitor the assigned area, identify moving objects in it and shoot them if certain threat criteria are met.
I know that most of the patent applications or even issued patents never make it to real products.
Let’s hope that this robot sentry will remain on paper too.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- KTF launches mobile-controlled cleaning robot
- Hit the malls remotely via telerobotic shopper and cellphone in Japan
- Nokia Clamshell with display and touchscreen
- Why the heck is RIM trying to patent improvements to roadside billboards?
- New iPhone Docking Station. Apple Tablet next?