We’ve been seeing the prototypes of various AMOLED displays and AMOLED equipped phones for a while. And now it looks that the time for AMOLED to enter into mainstream production has come. At least in Japan.
Today Samsung has announced that it will start the mass production of AMOLED display equipped phones for KDDI network in Japan.
4 new Samsung AMOLED KDDI models will be developed at first.
Except for the photo renderings and the size (2.6/2.8″), neither Samsung nor KDDI has provided any more info about the specs, capabilities or features of new phones.
Still the prototypes certainly do look interesting.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung flexible AMOLED displays to enter mass production soon
- Toshiba Regza IS04 is the world’s first 12MP Android phone
- HTC J will be available on May 25
- Samsung’s second Android Froyo tablet, SMT-i9100, announced in Japan
- Sony Ericsson S001 for Japan is everything you’d want from a Cyber-shot phone