We still don’t know exactly how the new HTC PDA phone – HTC Polaris will look like, but now we can tell you it’s real name and what it’ll have inside.
GPS equipped Polaris will be launched under the trade name of HTC Touch Cruise.
The rumors about this HTC Touch Cruise, then dubbed HTC Polaris started circulating this spring, when several HTC roadmaps for 2007 were leaked on the net.
Picture on the left is HTC Touch Cruise (Polaris) from 2007 HTC roadmap PPT presentation, picture in the middle is from *.pdf roadmap outed by CTI Miami blog.
It’s existence was confirmed when TheUnwired spotted HTC Polaris/Touch Cruise picture (on the right, above) posted on O2 web page under another name.
And now PocketInfo.nl gives us the details of HTC Touch Cruise, as presented by HTC execs at the event in Netherlands.
According to them HTC Touch Cruise (Polaris) will feature:
- Quad Band GSM (850/900/1800/1900 Mhz)
- Triband UMTS (850/1900/2100) ,
- HSDPA and HSUPA connectivity
- 400 Mhz MSM7200 Qualcomm CPU,
- 128 RAM and 256 ROM
- 2.8″ 320×240 px QVGA display
- 3 megapixel camera with autofocus
- 0.3 mpx front camera for video calls
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Built-in A-GPS
- micro-SD/micro SDHC memory card slot
HTC Touch Cruise, presented at the event also had an improved HTC TouchFlo interface, with additional touch gestures. These gestures included half turn of the finger to rotate an object, complete turn to the right to zoom in and complete turn in the other direction to zoom out.
The design of HTC Touch Cruise/Polaris has not been finalized yet. The device currently shown off, most closely resembled the one on the right in the picture above, with smooth touch surface, 4 buttons and the navigation wheel.
HTC Touch Cruise should become available at the end of November.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Touch Cruise GPS PDA/Phone gets official
- NAM HTC Touch Cruise with Footprints passes the FCC
- HTC Touch Cruise now upgradeable to Windows Mobile 6.1
- HTC Touch Cruise with Footprints officially announced
- HTC Touch Find, rounded version of HTC Cruise