Looks like SGH-i780 was just a bit too good and expensive to become Samsung BlackJack II on AT&T network.
They had to opt for lower quality (2 megapixel) camera and drop the touchscreen as well. With current touchscreen interface on WM6 being as lame as it is, I’m really surprised by the last one.
Still the real AT&T BlackJack 2, announced yesterday, is a really cool business smartphone and a significant improvement over it’s predecessor.
The specs for AT&T/Cingular BlackJack 2 include 3.6 Mbps HSDPA/3G UMTS high speed data support as well as quad band GSM (850/900/1800/1900), GPRS/EDGE connectivity and will work in most countries around the world. It has a big 2.4″ display, QWERTY keyboard, 2 megapixel camera and built-in RSS reader.
AT&T BlakJack 2 also comes equipped with built-in GPS sensor for navigation apps and location based services. And speaking of services&applications, AT&T is throwing in a whole bunch of them to the into Samsung BlackJack II package. These include:
- AT&T Express Mail or Microsoft Exchange for Outlook Synchronization
- Office Mobile
- Support for System Center Mobile Device Manager from 2008
- Access to AT&T Mobile Music
- Support for AT&T’s CV streaming video service
- TeleNav GPS Navigator
Original BlackJack was THE bestselling smartphone for Cingular. Looks like AT&T Samsung BlackJack II is destined to repeat this success.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung SGH-i780 possible Black Jack 2 spotted in Dubai
- AT&T Mobile TV Service Launches Sunday
- Samsung Jack i637 officially announced by AT&T
- Samsung i780 GPS Windows Mobile phone officially launched
- Samsung i740 – new Windows Mobile smartphone in the works