The buzz is certainly building up around the upcoming Sony Ericsson new phone releases. And the most interesting among those is Sony Ericsson P5i full touchscreen slider.
While no official or even leaked pictures of the new Sony Ericsson P5i are available yet, Esato forums have one Photoshop rendering that, according to the ones who have seen it, are very close to the real SE P5i smartphone:
The rumored specs for Sony Ericsson P5i are:
- 360 MHz CPU
- Symbian 9.3 OS, UIQ 3.2, new Touchscreen UI
- HSDPA&HSUPA connectivity
- 2.8″ VGA (!) touchscreen
- 5 megapixel camera with Auto Focus and flash
- Built-in GPS&Wi-Fi b/g
- 160 MB ROM and 128 MB SDRAM
- MicroSD/Memory Stick M2 card slot
- Weight: 125 gr
SE P5i is expected to be announced this month, probably even next week, and should start shipping in May/June 2008.
While these reports about upcoming Sony Ericsson P5i are just rumors from Esato board so far, I’m inclined to believe them. They are confirmed by the Esato posters that claim to be a SE phone beta-testers, who have the phone and a history of quality news/posts to prove it.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Bao flip phone shows up
- Sony Ericsson Susan and Sunny to be rugged, waterproof phones
- Sony Ericsson K660i, SE W890 and 380 Walkman coming on Nov. 6th. Sony Ericsson P5i and M610i Lizy smartphones… Who knows? Nov. 15th, maybe?
- Sony Ericsson M610i Business Smartphone Prototype for sale on E-bay in Germany
- Sony Ericsson T715a passes the FCC with AT&T 3G bands