With N82, Nokia feels that has another great hit on their hands. And it feels that they are itching to tell all the world about it as soon as they can.
Whether it’s the leak of Nokia N82 Photoshop pics half a year before the announcement, Nokia N82 live spy pics 5 months later, or Nokia N82 press photos on official Nokia site a day before announcement.
And today we have another one. I wouldn’t call it a leak, but a press release more 4 hrs before the official press event/announcement is certainly unusual for Nokia.
But, they be justified for the impatience. At least from the official info, Nokia N82 looks to be a great addition to Nokia’s high end phone/multimedia computer line-up.
If it works as described, the most significant improvement over in Nokia N82 over N95, will be camera operation. According to press release:
With a 5 megapixel camera, powerful Xenon flash and Carl Zeiss optics, the Nokia N82 delivers remarkably vivid photographs, even in low-light conditions. Fast camera activation, autofocus with a dedicated autofocus assist lamp, fast reloading between shots and DVD-like quality video capture make it a truly convenient and credible tool for capturing and telling your life stories.
The thing I like here most, is “fast camera activation and … fast reloading between shots.” These functions are really slow on Nokia N95 and natural/faster shots and reloading can make a world of difference in camera usability, as I saw playing with LG Viewty KU990.
Other cool new things about Nokia N82 include bigger 10MAh battery, 2GB microSD memory card in a standard package and orientation sensor that rotates the user interface automatically between horizontal and portrait mode. Of course, integrated A-GPS, Wi-Fi and a whole lot of other advanced functions are nice to have too.
Full official Nokia N82 specs are:
- WCDMA2100 (HSDPA), EGSM900, GSM850/1800/1900 MHz (EGPRS), 3.6 Mbps HSDPA
- Up to 100MB internal dynamic memory
- S60 3rd edition, Feature Pack 1
Nokia N82 Camera
- 5 megapixel (2592 x 1944) camera with Xenon flash and up to 20x digital zoom
- Carl Zeiss Optics: Tessarâ„¢ lens
- F number/Aperture: F2.8, Focal length 5.6 mm, Focus range 10 cm ~ infinity, Macro focus distance 10-50 cm
- Up to VGA (640 x 480 pixels) at 30 fps video capture
- Front camera: CIF (352 x 288 pixels)
Nokia N82 features & connectivity
- Integrated A-GPS
- Integrated WLAN (802.11 b/g) and UPnP
- Bluetooth A2DP
- Stereo FM radio (87.5-108MHz) with Visual Radio support
- USB 2.0 via Micro USB
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- microSD memory card slot
- Nokia Push to talk (PoC)
Nokia N82 battery
- Battery: Nokia Battery (BP-6MT) 1050mAh
- Talk time: up to 190 min (WCDMA), up to 260 min (GSM)
- Stand-by time: up to 210 hours (WCDMA), up to 225 hours (GSM)
- Still images: up to 290 pictures (with flash)
- Video capture: up to 110 minutes (VGA, 30 fps)
- Video call: up to 120 minutes
- Video playback: up to 200 minutes (VGA, 30 fps)
- Music playback: up to 10 hours (offline mode)
Nokia N82 dimensions & weight
- Volume: 90 cc
- Weight: 114 g
- Length (max): 112 mm
- Width (max): 50.2 mm
- Thickness (max): 17.3 mm
Unsubsidized Nokia N82 price is 450 Euro and press realease says that Nokia N82 is available in select markets starting today (!).
Nokia will host a virtual launch event today, Wednesday, November 14, 2007 beginning at 2pm Finnish time/1pm CET. You can access the virtual launch event at: www.nseries.com/truestories. The webcast will also be available for view on demand afterwards.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia C6-01 and Nokia C7 Symbian^3 smartphones announced at Nokia World
- Nokia N86 8MP now official; ships in the second quarter for 375 Euros
- HTC-made Google Nexus One officially announced, buy one today
- Nokia Lumia 925 (Catwalk) gets unofficially unveiled through leaked images
- HTC P5500 Nike becomes HTC Touch Dual