I thought that we’ll only see the first 8 megapixel phones next year. Turns out I was wrong. Chinese already have one ready to hit the street. And from the specs available it looks really impressive.
Produced solely for domestic market Lensas F2218 comes equipped with 8 megapixel CCD (!) sensor camera, able to shoot full blown 3264×2448 pixel resolution images.
Unfortunately, there is a reason you won’t see Lensas F2218 anywhere outside of China. The maker of the phone is pretty new to the game, and it shows. According to PCOnline.com.cn, Lensas F2218 got the looks and the specs but is pretty slow, unresponsive and buggy.
And the picture quality? I’m no expert on this, so check them out yourself here.
Still, 8 megapixel CCD sensor camera in a mobile phone – that’s a really interesting piece of news. I guess now that Chinese have it, it’s only a matter of (not much) time until we see something similar in a handset made by one of the biggies.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung SGH-i355/i560(?) GPS Symbian smartphone
- Samsung G600 5 megapixel slider phone in the works
- First pics of 5 mpx, GPS equipped Sony Ericsson Cybershot. Kt780i, K830i or K870i?
- Samsung SGH-G800 5 megapixel 3x optical zoom phone officially launched
- Cheap LG KC550 Pink for girls