What do you do when your are way behind your rivals in current mobile phone offerings, constantly loosing your market share, bleeding money and are late with the production of your next flagship (which still is a generation worse in some features then offerings by others) for more then 2 months?
Well, you start leaking the details to the press through your branch managers, about what an awesome line-up of phones you have planned for the next year. And then start copying meaningless design/co-branding additions, your rivals did months ago, and add bundles to a year old flagship you have now.
Enter Motorola Z8 Ferrari Limited Edition:
In addition to Ferrari colors and logos, MOTO Z8 Ferrari Limited Edition comes bundled with 2 Ferrari videos, pre-registration to the official Ferrari site (www.ferrariworld.com), custom Ferrari wallpapers and ringtones, direct links to to online Magazines like Top Gear, Auto Express, GQ, Esquire and Autosport, and a bundled “The Bourne Identity” movie.
I’m sure it will appeal to some diehard Ferrari and MOTO fans, but otherwise it’s just plain old Motorola Z8 RIZR phone.
And it won’t even be available for Christmas. MOTO Z8 Ferrari Limited Edition will come on sale through Ferrari Store and major Motorola retailers in Q1, 2008.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola RAZR2 V9 Ferrari Edition in the works
- Motorola i9 Ferrari launched by Nextel Brazil
- Acer Liquid E Ferrari Edition announced as an exclusive Android smartphone
- Motorola RAZR Developer Edition with unlockable bootloader now up for pre-order in Europe for €499
- Motorola i897 Amphora (Ferrari branded) and WX415 Heartland coming soon