It’s HSDPA capable, Toshiba Portege G450 USB modem. Of course, we already new about Portege G450 from a Russian 2008 Toshiba mobile products roadmap.
But the live pictures and specs of Toshiba G450 Portege show that it’s actually much more interesting then your traditional HSDPA USB stick/modem.
While the primary Toshiba Portege G450 function is USB modem, it can actually double as an emergency GSM phone as well:
As a HSDPA modem Toshiba G450 plugs into your your computer USB port, just as any other USB stick.
But you can also send/receive SMS messages on a Portege G450 via it’s small 96×36 px OLED display and interesting two part keypad. To use it as a phone you’ll have to plugin a separate headset.
Full Toshiba Portege G450 specs are:
- Tri-band GSM (900/1800/1900)/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA 3.6 Mbps connectivity
- Qualcomm MSM6280 chipset
- 96×36 px OLED display
- 160 MB of user memory
- USB mini interface
- 300 hrs stand-by and 180 minutes talk time
- Dimensions: 98x36x16 mm
- Weight: 56 gr
The price for unlocked Toshiba Portege G450 USB modem/phone will be around 199 Euro. It will come in three (white, black and red) colors and will start shipping in March.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Pics and specs of Toshiba G910 Portege revealed in Italy
- Toshiba Portege G710 GPS PDA phone presented in Italy
- Toshiba Portege G910 & Portege G920 smartphones outed
- Toshiba Portege smartphone roadmap for 2008 turns up
- Samsung Z800 HSDPA modem/USB dongle with 4GB microSD memory card