Samsung G810 smartphone to take on Nokia N95
As I said earlier, for more then a year since Nokia N95 was announced, nobody was able to produce something to at least match N95 feature set.
Well, finally we may have a real N95 challenger in the upcoming Samsung G810 handset, that, according to Mobil.cz, should be announced during Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, next week.
It seems that with Samsung G810, Korean handset maker took everything that made Samsung G800 cameraphone so cool, and added the missing features, for it to go head to head with Nokia N95.
Samsung G810 specs (if my non-knowledge of Czech has not led me down) include:
- GSM/UMTS/3.6 Mbps HSDPA connectivity
- Symbian 9.2 OS with S60 3.1 UI
- 2.6″ 262K Color QVGA TFT display
- 5 megapixel camera with 3x optical zoom, anti-shake, face recognition, macro mode, autofocus, etc;
- 150 MB of memory and microSD memory card slot
- GPS navigation
- Wi-FI b/g
- Bluetooth 2.0 EDR, USB 2.0 (microUSB connector)
- 1200 mAh battery
- Dimensions: 104x52x9x18 mm
With an expected retail pricetag of 580 Euro, Samsung G810 will indeed be competing directly with Nokia N95/N95 8GB. And 5 megapixel camera with 3x optical zoom might just make G810 a worthy consideration.
But, of course, Nokia had more then a year to work on a new handsets, to follow through on innovations N95 brought. So lets see how that battle develops.