The news about upcoming Motorola Z9 RAZR slider has leaked last July.
Why it took Motorola almost a year since then to get Z9 launched, I have no idea. But now it’s looks like this handset is finally almost ready to ship.
And now the promotional MOTO Z9 sales leaflet had appeared on the net, telling us why Motorola thinks we should buy it.
No real news here, just confirming the Motorola Z9 specs we already knew about and adding small details:
- GSM 850/19001800/1900, WCDMA 1900/850, 3.6 Mbps HSDPA
- 2.4″ 240x320px QVGA 262K color display
- 2 megapixel camera with flash and 8 x digital zoom
- AGPS support
- 45 MB of built-in user memory
- Opera 8/WAP 2.0 browser
- USB 2.0
- 950 mAh battery with 210-240 min talk and 280-315 hrs standby time
- Dimensions: 114×53.6×13.9
- Weight: 140 gr
What’s interesting about the new sales promo, are the phones against which Motorola is pitched against and how:
It’s Nokia 6500 and Samsung U700. And the main reasons why Motorola Z9 is better?
Well, it’s AGPS connectivity and standard Windows Media 11 music manager (as opposed to the proprietary ones on others) a bit more internal memory 45MB as opposed to 20 MB, up to 8GB microSD memory card support and some esoteric Crystal Talk technology for better voice quality… Duh
Of course, when you have a phone with the inferior feature set to what your competitors have been selling for about a year, you have to think hard how to pitch it.
You’d shut up about your lame 2 mpx camera, wisely choose the GPS feature to highlight and carefully pick the competition products that do not have it, put some Windows Media player pixie dust and highlight the fact that that the phone now supports 8GB external microSD memory cards.
Conveniently ignoring competitor products that have even better GPS features, and not mentioning that 8GB of external memory comes from the same microSD card that fits into any other comparable phone.
Well, by some chance, I am that “…34-year old life chaser, whose phone is critical connection tool..” , to be sold on Motorola Z9 in 30 seconds.
And I don’t think I’m buying it.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Highlight t749 available from T-Mobile USA
- Live pics with Samsung Highlight for T-Mobile USA
- Samsung Highlight to hit T-Mobile USA on July 15
- Official pics of Motorola EM326g and the MOTOROKR S7-HD Bluetooth headset emerge
- iDEN Motorola Debut i856 announced for Boost Mobile