With the PRADA KE850 phone, LG was among the first cellphone vendors to introduce a full touchscreen user interface into it’s handset.
And since then LG has been on a non-stop quest tweaking the touch features.
First there was LG Viewty KU990 with some minor tweaks, then came LG KF700 with 3 different means of input, the LG KF600 with interesting display touchpad and soon there will be a new Black Label 3 Series LG KF750 ultra slim handset that should bring some more tweaks to LG version of Touch.
But it ain’t only their own designers that LG is relying on to produce innovative touchscreen interfaces for it’s phones.
LG has also decided to tap into a worldwide designer community. And to get people interested announced a competition “Art in Mobile” for new Touch UI theme submissions with a 14 million WON (14 000 US$) cash prize.
And here’s some of the submissions that they’ve got:
The “Driving” theme above is styled as a car dashboard and the other one has been made in an “early sixties” style:
Well, I’m not sure whether these are just random Touch UI submissions that LG chose to display, or these are the winners, but I’m really not impressed.
While “Driving” theme might appeal to to car aficionados and the ‘”sixties” theme can find it’s own music loving audience too, they both look too crowded and amateurish for my taste.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Cheap Alcatel One Touch 602 England Rugby to bring its touchscreen to O2 in August
- Android-powered T-Mobile Garminfone gets official
- First screenshots of Nokia’s upcoming S60 Touch UI leaked ui
- Alcatel One Touch 918 with Android Gingerbread, and dual-SIM Alcatel 318D coming soon
- HTC Touch HD with full QWERTY keyboard to be named HTC Touch HD Pro?