NetBlender offers blu-ray to iPhone converter
NetBlender‘s BD Touch technology offers the capability to convert Blu-ray players into the iPhone by using the WiFi connection on the device. BD Touch uses the BD Live network connection built into Blu-ray players.
Blu-ray Disc (also known as Blu-ray or BD) is an optical disc storage media format and has the same dimensions as a standard DVD or CD.
BD Touch applications can take advantage of the iPhone’s geo location features, 3D sensors and QWERTY keyboard. Video, audio, text, and player commands can be transferred via the connection.
According to the NetBlender site, some implementations of BD Touch will include:
- Pushing digital copies of movies to an iPhone from the Blu-ray disc menu.
- Automatically cataloguing a viewer’s Blu-ray disc collection and providing movie suggestions.
Updating and managing a viewer’s rental queue.
- Displaying trivia and extra information about a movie in sync with the movie’s playback.
- Turning existing Blu-ray discs into games that use the iPhone as the game. controller.
- Viewing fan-created content in sync with the disc.
NetBlender has also created two BD Touch SDK programs for iPhone developers and provided DoStudio BD Authoring Edition for Blu-ray Disc authorers.
Below are screenshots of Blu-ray and iPhone converter: