If not for the Apple’s iPhone, LG Prada KE850 handset could have been in the running for a mobile phone of the year.
After all it had a great looks, great luxury brand behind it and was actually the first handset to utilize full touch screen interface. Alas, the iPhone was announced first, had much better implemented touch interface and stole all the limelight from the Prada phone.
And, to tell the truth, what was LG thinking, putting such a lame features like only 2.5G connectivity and 2 megapixel camera on it’s flagship?
But now it’s time for a rematch and LG seems to have an impressive Prada successor to counter the upcoming 3G iPhone. It has again teamed up with Prada to produce the new LG Prada II handset.
It’s hard to tell what LG Prada 2 will look like, since no pictures are available yet (the picture above is my own mock-up).
But we already know that LG Prada II will be a slider with full a full QWERTY keyboard. And that Prada 2 spec sheet, obtained by Eprice, is more then impressive.
LG Prada II specs will include:
- Quad-band GSM (850/900/1800/1900). WCDMA 900/2100, 7.2 Mbps HSDPA connectivity
- 3″ WQVGA 400×240 px TFT touchscreen
- 5 megapixel camera
- front camera for video calls
- Wi-Fi b/g connectivity
- USB 2.0, Bluetooth
- Full HTML browsing
- microSDHC memory card slot (up to 8GB)
- slide-out QWERTY keyboard
According to the leaked press release, LG Prada II will be even more focused on the overall design/user experience. The Prada designers will be closely involved in making the custom themes, touch UI, built-in ringtones and cellphone accessories for Prada 2 phone.
LG Prada II is expected to launch in Q4 2008.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Prada Silver KE850 ads on-screen QWERTY keyboard
- LG KF900 Prada 2 phone pre-announced officially
- LG Prada II KF900 arrives in Europe with a Bluetooth watch and a microsite
- LG Prada KE850 Touch Screen Phone officially launches
- Full LG PRADA II specs revealed