Every T-Mobile customer is eager to hear more information on when the company will be coming through with its promise on their activation of its 3G network.
At first we were told that the date for 3G release was set for early summer 2007, but at a news conference at the GSMA World Congress, T-Mobile CEO Hamid Hamid Akhavan told us when summer came and went that the carrier has had to work out a few different spectrum issues.
Well it has definitely been quite a delay, as we are now nearing the summer of 2008 and there are finally some concrete details that have been released.
We know that we can expect 3G in New York City sometime in May, followed by this list of cities, in order:
- NJ and Long Island
- Las Vegas
- Kansas City
- Los Angeles
- New England
- San Diego
- San Francisco
We are expecting more information on this matter to be released within the next couple of weeks, and will be sure to keep you up to date on this matter.
Via: TMO News
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile launches very own 3G network
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III to be available only in some locations on June 21
- Verizon will launch LTE in 38 cities and more than 60 airports by the end of the year
- Sprint rolls-out LTE in 15 US cities
- Samsung Galaxy S III shipping delays confirmed by Vodafone and Clove