Apparently Garmin, a company best known for their GPS devices, has been trying to figure out what consumers would be willing to spend on their upcoming Nuvifone.
Engadget found a screenshot that a helpful reader snagged from a Garmin survey, in which the tipster was asked the following question:
Now, how likely would you be to buy the Garmin Nuvifone (for yourself or as a gift) if offered by AT&T for $499.99 with a two year contract? You would be required to have both a data plan that would include unlimited Internet browsing and unlimited Navigation for $19.99 per month and one of standard voice rate plans for a monthly fee.
The Nuvifone will be an all-in-one, sleek and slim, touchscreen device that offers real luxury and which combines a premium phone, mobile web-browser and personal navigator.
Not all the details have been disclosed as of yet, but what we do know so far is that it will feature a 3.5-inch touchscreen display, 3.5G connectivity, built-in GPS and a digital camera.
A few of the other features offered by this stylish device that combines the benefits of a premium portable navigation unit and high end cell phone are as follows:
- Familiar Garmin touchscreen interface with preloaded maps, 6 million points-of-interest, and turn-by-turn voice prompted directions to your destination
- With one touch of the screen, pinpoint your exact location (and surrounding attractions) or the location of your car so you will never forget where you parked
- High speed cellular and Wi-Fi connectivity with “PC like” web pages deliver the optimal mobile search experience
- Includes all the standard phone features – voice calls, voicemail, and messaging functions such as email, text and instant messaging and a media player
We are sure there will be even more information on this in the near future and we will keep you updated as soon as any of this information is released.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- #MWC09: Garmin Asus Nuvifone G60 hands-on review and video
- Telus to launch Garmin nuvifone in Canada
- Garmin-Asus Nuvifone G60 and M20 available for pre-order in Poland
- Garmin Nuvifone hands on preview at Communicasia 2008
- Garmin-Asus nuvifone A50 (Android) and M10 (Windows Mobile) announced