In April we at UV reported on the Samsung Glyde and its scheduled release for May, a sooner date than was originally planned.
Now it is official, Verizon has launched the Samsung Glyde. The Glyde was certainly not the best kept secret in LG history, but it is exciting to finally get all the concrete news on this trendy new device.
The Glyde offers mobile users a list of respectable features, namely a full QWERTY keyboard that glides open, a terrific feature that inspired the name.
The original name was the Samsung U940, and we have to say the new replacement title is much better.
Considered as being crosstown competition to the LG Voyager, the fashion-friendly Samsung Glyde offers some terrific specs, which are as follows:
- CDMA Dual Band (800/1900MHz)
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO rev.0
- Has 3G support
- Large Touch Screen
- 240 x 440 pixel resolution
- 2.78 inches
- 2 megaxpixels
- Includes video capabilities
- Features include flash and auto focus
- Video supported includes MPEG4, H.263, H.264, Real formats
- Music supported includes MP3, AAC+, eAAC+, Real formats
- 150 MB internal memory
- microSD memory slot
- WAP 2.0 Internet browsing
- Bluetooth: 1.2 Stereo
- USB connection available
- 3.5mm headphone jack
Besides this extensive list of fabulous features, there is also some additional information important to know. The Glyde features a 1,000 contact list so you can save all your important contact numbers without worry of filling up your memory, and you can save multiple numbers per contact.
There are all the standard tools available including alarm, calendar, calculator, to-do, stopwatch, memo, world clock, unit converter, and speaker phone.
You also have access to e-mail and GPS features are included as well.
This is definitely one killer phone. It is small and sleek, easy to navigate through, and it is sure to be popular now that it has come to the United States.
We will be sure to keep you posted on the Glyde and on any new information when it becomes released to us. In the meantime, look for the phone to start circulating into retail channels this week for $249.99 on contract after $50 rebate.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Glyde 2 for Verizon spotted in the wild
- Samsung Captivate Glyde coming to AT&T next year?
- Samsung SGH i718 Windows Mobile PDA smartphoneapproved by FCC
- Sprint Samsung Ace i325 phone. Live pics and more details
- Sprint Samsung M800 pops up