An official announcement from AT&T tells us that they will be the first carrier to exclusively offer the much-hyped and recently released BlackBerry Bold 9000 this summer. Though the exact month of release has not been confirmed, it is said that only AT&T will be able to release the BlackBerry Bold in the US, if only for now.
That should be interesting, taking into consideration that a lot of people are being lured into a contract with AT&T because of the Apple iPhone. Will the BlackBerry Bold be able to attract as many new customers for AT&T?
This will prove to be an even tougher choice for customers who already have their eyes set on the iPhone, but know for a fact that a BlackBerry device could also do them better. The BlackBerry Bold is RIM’s new flagship smartphone, measuring 4.48 x 2.59 x 0.55 inches and weighing only 133 grams.
It also tops the iPhone with its physical QWERTY keyboard and 3G network support, a feature that is yet to come on Apple’s wondrous handset.
So while we can’t say for sure when you can expect the BlackBerry Bold to appear on AT&T stores, rest assured it’s going to be very soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Bold 9700 now official, AT&T, T-Mobile and Rogers will carry it
- T-Mobile BlackBerry Bold 9900 4G now available for $299.99
- BlackBerry Bold 9700 shows up at T-Mobile Germany
- Canada: BlackBerry Bold 9900 now available at Mobilicity, comes with three months free BIS
- Telstra announces the BlackBerry Bold 9700 for Australia