The new LG Bikini phone will offer much of the features of the original, except that this time, it brings HSDPA and Rev A EVDO 3G network support to the table (not in the same handset, of course). And that just about makes it a pretty kick-ass phone, by our reckoning.
Billed as a fashion phone, it won’t let you down when you whip it out at the beach this summer, thanks to a sleek handset casing that is now available in black. It still carries the dual-display InteractPad which makes it a fun phone to use, since the navigation controls shown change depending on the app being used.
The same multimedia capabilities have been carried over from its predecessor, so it’s safe to say it’ll have the following features:
- 240×320 QVGA display
- Touch-sensitive InteractPad beneath display
- 3 megapixel camera with auto focus
- Bluetooth 2.0 and USB connectivity
- 3G and HSDPA network support
For now, only availability in Korea is promised for LG Bikini phone, under the model names of LG-SH640/KH6400/LH6400 for various Korean cellular networks. But it should not take take long for the 3G upgrade to get into other KF600 handsets worldwide.
According to LG, a total of 1.2 million units of the old version was sold when it was released last November. Could this semi-upgraded version gain as much popularity? It could, but unfortunately no details were offered on pricing just yet. You can be sure it’s going to be more expensive than the old one, though.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG KF600 InteractPad phone announced worldwide
- LG KF600 with InteractPad- that’s what Chocolates will become
- LG Viewty KE990 dumbed down to 2.5G. Headed for T-Mobile and China?
- BlackBerry Torch 9850 headed to Sprint
- Dual SIM Gigabyte GSmart G1355 with Android 2.3 Gingerbread coming soon