When information about Samsung SGH i900 full touchscreen Windows Mobile smartphone first appeared on the net, we were a bit skeptical whether the device is real or not. But our doubts were put to rest last month, when Samsung i900 was presented in Holland, alongside a few other unannounced Samsung handsets.
Still, even then not much info about it’s specs was available, and, except for information about 5 megapixel camera, WM 6.1 OS and Wi-Fi support, not much has been known about the new smartphone.
Well, yesterday Chinese website PCOnline got their hands on this handset and provided us with detailed specs of Samsung SGH i900.
If my Chinese machine translation skills are up to the task, Samsung SGH i900 spec sheet seems to be really impressive:
- 3.5G HSDPA connectivity
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro OS
- 3.5″ 240x400px, 262K color TFT touchscreen display
- 5 megapixel autofocus camera
- front camera for video calls
- Built-in GPS
- FM Radio
- 16GB of built-in memory
- microSDHC memory card slot (up to 8GB)
- Bluetooth 2.2, A2DP
- Wi-Fi b/g
- 1500mAh battery
- Dimensions: 112×56×13mm
Here’s also the picture of Samsung i900 running Windows Mobile 6.1 OS:
From the pictures above, I get the impression that Samsung decided not to follow the examples set by HTC and Asustek and did not bother to create it’s own UI enhancements on top of Windows Mobile 6.1. Which is a shame, since it’s own newest touchscreen user interface, seen on Samsung F480 handsets, has been really impressive. And porting it to the SGH-i900 smartphone would have only increased it’s attractiveness.
But who knows, we haven’t even had an official announcement for Samsung SGH-i900 yet, so we still might get some surprises until this model reaches the retail stores.For best Samsung Omnia i900 deals click here!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung i900 5 mpx Windows Mobile touchscreen phone surfaces
- Samsung i740 officially launched
- E-Ten Glofiish DX900 Hellen to launch at Computex in June
- Samsung U800 Soul-like candybar, Samsung i900 WM 6.1 touchscreen, and Samsung L870 Symbian S60 smartphones show up
- Asus Glaxy7 with 5MP cam and Windows Mobile 6 leaked?