No, sir, that is not a typo. Verzio’s first ever HSDPA-rocking PDA is called the Envii, and is now ready for a global rollout after floating in the Philippine market for a couple of months now. It offers a large (2.7-inch) touchscreen display that features a so-called Flick Dynamic Menu, which we reckon is some kind of cover flow-y like UI that runs on its custom smartphone OS.
Chris Uyco, General Manager of Haldane Philippines (local distributor) was last quoted as saying, “Verzio Envii is designed for tech dependent individuals who know what they and demand only the best. That’s why the phone is perfect for users who install their own software to achieve custom capabilities.” Well, we should be able to see about that in a few months time.
The Verzio Envii is powered by a 624 MHz Marvell Processor and runs Windows Mobile 6.0 with Messaging and Security Feature Pack Integrated. Measuring only 106 x 58 x 18 mm makes it quite a handful, and yet it only weighs in at 145g with the battery inserted.
Here’s a quick rundown of its features:
- 1GB Flash ROM, 64MB RAM
- 2.7-inch TFT LCD touchscreen display with QVGA resolution supporting to 262K colors
- 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Infrared
- FM Radio with RDS
- Dual-cameras with LED Strobe Flash
- Expandable memory with miniSD cards
- Mini-USB connectivity
- UMTS/GSM/GPRS/HSDPA network support
Unfortunately, Verzio didn’t include pricing details with its announcement, and also failed to inform us where exactly in Asia the Envii will be coming. But from what we know, it should be available for about $600 or more, give or take a few bucks. The price is a bit steep, but that’s just because of the conversion rate. We’ll be updating you with official pricing when Verzio wakes up and tells us.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Canada: BlackBerry Bold 9900 now available at Mobilicity, comes with three months free BIS
- HP iPAQ Data Messenger and iPAQ Voice Messenger unveiled
- Leaked: Dell Thunder, Smoke, Flash and Looking Glass with Android
- Dell Aero (Mini 3) to be AT&T’s second Android phone
- Acer Liquid Metal Android Froyo smartphone coming soon?