A deal between Apple and Teliasonera that was announced today tells us that eager customers from Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia are going to get some official iPhone lovin’ “later this year.”
The above mentioned countries all belong to the Nordic and Baltic markets, but other regions such as Spain, Russia, and Turkey have been left out of Teliasonera’s offering.
We are also hearing rumors that there are certain carriers in some Baltic countries with very close ties to Vodafone, and that these might still emerge with a deal to market the iPhone themselves. However, at this point we have not yet confirmed these rumors.
No other details have been provided with regards to specific date of availability and future pricing. And all these we shall include in an update.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Swisscom officially announces plan to bring iPhone to Switzerland
- TeliaSonera starts work on world’s first 4G commercial wireless network
- Softbank iPhone pricing plans leaked?
- TeliaSonera launches 4G / LTE network, Samsung GT-B3710 LTE dongle
- Orange to launch iPhone in ten more countries