The tease is over. The HTC Touch Diamond, worthy of the moniker “iPhone killer,” has started shipping, contrary to the rumor mill’s June shipping dates. 10,000 of these awesome devices are now en route to Hong Kong’s CSL carrier network with the Asia Pacific and Europe to follow soon.
T-Mobile will be the lucky one in Germany, who will sell both the Touch Diamond and the MDA Compact IV (Raphael) from HTC. So start saving up and get that couch change together, cos if you want one of these, it ain’t gonna come cheap!
For those emerging from under a rock, the Touch Diamond is the newest touchscreen cell phone from HTC that has been raking up quite a storm for the past few weeks. With a crystal clear 2.8-inch VGA touch screen and some fancy wizardry called TouchFLO, the device has every reason to do so. The master of all trades boasts of 3.5G connectivity, aGPS, Bluetooth, WiFi, and 4 gigs of internal storage all mixed to perfection on Windows Mobile 6.1. Take that iPhone!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Touch Diamond2 announced for India
- Verizon’s Touch Diamond2 leaked; HTC Mega and Tachi also show up
- #MWC09: HTC Touch Diamond2 preview video
- HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro (Raphael) and HTC Touch Dual Pro coming
- HTC Touch Diamond coming to India through Bharti Airtel