Hot on the heels of the 7310 Supernova‘s official announcement comes yet another leak about two more S40 devices. These two new cell phones, along with the 7310 Supernova, will mainly be targeted at women with a penchant for a good mix of tech and style, continuing where the L’Amour collection left off.
The Nokia 7510 and 7610 Supernova have all the qualities of making it to the top of Nokia’s S40 lineup. While the 7310 Supernova was a candybar, the 7510 Supernova turns out to be a auto-opening clamshell and the 7610 Supernova seems satisfied with a slider form factor.
Let’s take a quick look at the specifications of both these lady-wooers:
Nokia 7510 Supernova
- Weight: 124 g
- Dimensions: 92 x 46 x 17 mm
- Display: Main QVGA 16 million color display/External monochrome 128×160 display (hidden when not in use)
- Network: Quad-band GSM / EDGE
- Memory: 27MB onboard memory; microSD support
- Operating System: Symbian S40 (with active themes)
- Camera: 2-mega pixel (no autofocus) camera with LED flash and 4x digital zoom; QCIF video recording at 15 FPS
- Talktime: – 3 day standby and 300 hours of talktime
- Internet: OSS internet browser
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.0
- FM radio with RDS
- 2.5 mm jack
- Xpress on covers
Nokia 7610 Supernova specifications:
- Weight: 99 g
- Dimensions: 98x48x15 mm
- Display: QVGA 16 million color display
- Network: Quad-band GSM/EDGE
- Talktime: 5.4 days standby and 300 hours talktime
- Storage: 64 MB of built in memory with microSD support
- Operating System: S40 3rd edition
- Camera: 3.2 mega pixel AF camera with LED flash and 8x digital zoom; VGA 30 FPS video recording
- Bluetooth 2.0
- FM radio with RDS
Clearly, the 7610 Supernova is a notch above the 7510. Now, since these two made their first show on the Nokia Polish site, we could assume that these will be released in Poland before anywhere else. Guessing again, we could also say that these wouldn’t make a huge hole in your pockets, given the relatively low specifications. In any case, you’ll know when we know!
Update (Staska): It seems that the link above to the phones on Polish site already stopped working. So the premature info release about Nokia 7610 and 7510 Supernova’s was probably a Polish webmasters mistake.
There might have been another mistake with the model number as well. I know that the Polish site showed the Supenova slider as Nokia 7610. But Nokia already had 7610 model a few years ago.
Now, I know that Nokia can sometimes revamp the old models and release them as new. But to have a completely new phone, in a new form factor and the same model number? I don’t know. There probably is some mistake here. Maybe it was Nokia 7410 Supernova, or something?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia 7510 Supernova live pics revealed
- Nokia 7610 SuperNova official pics
- Nokia 7100s (Supernova) details emerge
- Nokia 7310 SuperNova gets official
- Nokia Supernova 7610, 7510, 7310, 7210 launched. And we’ve got live pictures from the launch event!