A new QWERTY smartphone might be making its way into Verizon outlets soon, according to a leaked presentation from Big Red itself. It’s tentatively called the Samsung i770, and as of this time’s writing it has a tentatively ugly looking facade. Hopefully, this will change come the release date, as the words “ID NOT FINAL” is plastered on the face of the handset.
Now while the look of the Samsung i770 might not be enough to excite you, wait until you see the spec sheet. No, no, I’m not being sarcastic. It’ll rock 1xEvDO & Rev-A / GPRS on top Windows Mobile 6.1, with built-in A2DP Bluetooth 2.0 and Wi-Fi b/g to boot. See, it’s not so bad now is it?
The “unofficial” specs also say it’ll have a 2 megapixel camera and support for external memory via microSD cards, to supplement the 256MB of onboard Flash of course.
We expect this to launch on Q3 2008, but we don’t have info on pricing yet. We’ll keep you updated if anything comes up.
Via Engadget Mobile
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung U800 Soul-like candybar, Samsung i900 WM 6.1 touchscreen, and Samsung L870 Symbian S60 smartphones show up
- Samsung B7300 specs show up
- Samsung i740 – new Windows Mobile smartphone in the works
- Asus Glaxy7 with 5MP cam and Windows Mobile 6 leaked?
- Samsung i900 5 mpx WM 6.1 smartphone confirmed (sort of). Available in September 2008