E-Trade Financial Corp. can now without doubt say that they have put some business into the all-business horde of BlackBerry devices that are so popular among the corporate tribes. Members of the E-Trade Corp. can now lose make money on that ever fluctuating stock market directly from their BlackBerry devices.
With their mobile application called E-Trade Mobile Pro, account holders can effortlessly get stock quotes and trade stocks on their cell phones, taking away the need to access their website via browser.
Although the free application will be tagged “beta” until the end of the month, members will have the ability to set up portfolio watch lists, trade stock and options, transfer money, and get real-time quote, pretty much what they would do on a desktop browser. But will this be secure you ask? Fret not, as the application will be password protected and if you are a forgetful soul, you will have to enter the password again to access the application after five minutes of inactivity. On the off chance that you have mislaid your BlackBerry, E-Trade promises to cover the losses incurred by trading done during that time.
The E-Trade Mobile Pro is compatible with most of the current offerings from Research in Motion. So if you are in trading through E-trade and own a 8000 Series BlackBerry, look out for the application on E-Trade’s website this Thursday.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Trade in your iPhone, BlackBerry Z10, or Samsung Galaxy S III for an HTC One, get up to $375 back
- Sprint HTC Evo 3D pre-orders have started, $179.99 or cheaper if you trade in an old Evo
- Confirmed: Nokia OVI desktop Internet browser is for real
- Google Buzz now available for BlackBerry, Symbian S60, Windows Mobile and WebOS
- Zumobi Now Available on Blackberry