Samsung has finally announced its next iPhone killer, which it calls the i900 Omnia, featuring a 3.2-inch wide QVGA display and Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro. We first learned about the Samsung i900 from leaked live shots some time ago, but now the device is made official and receives an additional moniker with the word “Omnia.”
The Samsung i900 Omnia is a multimedia feature touchscreen phone that packs a 5 megapixel auto-focus camera with face and smile detection technology. It will have FM radio with RDS built-in, as well as a large amount of internal memory (8GB and 16GB versions will be made available) that will be expandable with microSD memory cards.
A few of the Samsung i900 Omnia’s official specs are:
- Quadband GSM/GPRS/EDGE HSDPA
- Built-in Wi-Fi, GPS, and accelerometer
- 12.5mm thickness
- USB Connectivity and Bluetooth 2.0 A2DP
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro
- Samsung TouchWiz User Interface
It should be available this month in certain markets while Europe won’t be getting it until July. Perfect timing, wouldn’t you say?
Via GSMArenaFor best Samsung Omnia i900 deals click here!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 now official
- Samsung Omnia Pro B7330 pictures and specs leaked
- Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 with changed design appears in promo video
- Samsung intros new Omnia M with Windows Phone 7.5
- Samsung Omnia II i8000 and Omnia Lite B7300 smartphones announced