If custom wallpapers, music, and entire UI themes are still not enough to suit your taste, you may want to take a look at a new service that KTF out in Korea has recently launched. The service is called Font of Your Own, and it lets users send a handwritten message by SMS.
Font of Your Own, as the name explicitly suggests, allows you to write messages down in a font of your own, letting you bypass the often horrible built-in fonts found in some mobile phones.
The service is free of charge, and all users have to do is to download the necessary applications, photograph his/her own handwritten letters, and send it over to a designated number.
There is even an option to change fonts by using a font editor program on a PC, although if you really aim for personalization you’d be better off skipping this method. This takes personalized messages to another level, that’s for sure.
Via Telecoms Korea
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Future Samsung Android phones (including the Galaxy S) will feature font changing app
- Google testing Gmail SMS Chat in Labs
- Vodafone UK allows Twittering via SMS; free for the first weeks
- Virgin Mobile’s “Texts into Space” service will send your texts into space
- Citibank Korea launches mobile banking service in English