Now Verizon lovers can see what the fuss is all about. Sprint and AT&T have had the largely successful Palm Centro for a while now and it’s finally coming to Verizon. Expected in stores tomorrow, it will run you a very reasonable $99.99 after rebates.
There won’t be anything different about this Centro compared to the ones the other guys offer, just that it will only be available in cobalt blue and running on EVDO (AT&T’s Centro does not run on their 3G network). This Palm is the first to offer the unlimited email and internet plan for smartphones, so expect your bill to show $29.99 each month for that package.
More than one million units have been sold, and we’re pretty confident to say that on Verizon’s network that number will continue to increase significantly. Palm claims that the Centro is off to the best start of any device in Palm’s history; with the success of the Treo lineup, that would seem a pretty bold statement.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New Palm smartphones (P120, C40) coming soon to Sprint?
- Bell Canada to release the Palm Centro on February 2
- Carphone gives free airline tickets to Palm Pre buyers
- Keyboardless Palm Centro 2 with webOS in the making?
- Palm Centro outed by Bell in Canada, $49.95 on contract