Nokia and Verizon Wireless launch Nokia 6205 The Dark Knight edition before standard model
I’m not sure who will like this more, movie buffs or clamshell phone aficionados. And need I add in the legion of bat fans from all over the world that are eagerly awaiting the release of the last movie of Heath “Brokeback” Ledger? This is history, baby.
I’m talking about the official announcement made by Nokia and Verizon Wireless about the upcoming Nokia 6205 clamshell, which will be released in a special “The Dark Knight edition” model in time for the release of the movie The Dark Knight, which features none other than the caped crusader himself, Batman.
The Nokia 6205 is actually nothing more than a mid-range clamshell handset, but it offers a few interesting goodies nonetheless, and The Dark Knight edition model will surely be a collectors item.
A few of the Nokia 6205 The Dark Knight edition’s features include:
- 1.3 megapixel camera with flash and 4x digital zoom
- 58 MB internal memory expandable up to an additional 4 GB with an optional microSD memory card
- Support for text, picture and video messaging
- Get It Now® capable for downloading games, ringtones, wallpapers and other mobile content
- VZ NavigatorSM-compatible for audible turn-by-turn directions and location information
- Mobile Web for access to the latest news, sports, weather and more
- Voice dialing and voice commands for touch free phone operation
- Built-in speakerphone
- Bluetooth-enabled for Wireless Headset Support
It should work fine under Verizon Wireless’s network, and it supports the V CAST Music service as well as V CAST Video entertaining, for use during those times when you don’t feel like watching the pre-loaded The Dark Knight full movie trailer.
The Nokia 6205 The Dark Knight edition will be available on Verizon Wireless’s web site starting June 15th for $69.99 after an instant $50 rebate with a 2-year contract. The standard Nokia 6205 model, meanwhile, will come out both online and at Verizon Wireless Communications Stores after a month. It’s a shame they couldn’t include a bat belt in the packaging, though.