Palm Centro now officially available through Verizon Wireless
You waited, and now, it’s finally here. The $99 Palm Centro smartphone that you’ve been eagerly awaiting hits Verizon Wireless today.
As is typical with Palm smartphones, the Palm Centro features a full QWERTY keyboard, large display, easy access keys and the Palm 5.4.9 OS. It’s no weakling when it comes to connectivity either, as it runs on Verizon’s high-speed data network, and can even be used as a modem for laptops/ PCs.
Some of the Palm Centro’s other features include:
- Text, picture and video messaging (text messages are presented to customers in a “chat-style” view so customers can see their entire conversation unfold)
- Superior phone functionality, including one-touch speakerphone and conference calling, the ability to respond to a call with text messaging, and the option to use the touch-screen dial pad
- Smart, fast Web browsing using the award-winning Blazer browser
- 2x digital zoom camera with video capture
- Media player with Pocket Tunes(TM) Deluxe (PlaysForSure-compatible)
- Bluetooth(R) v. 1.2 with support for hands-free car kits and headset profiles
- 64 MB available user storage and microSD(TM) memory card slot with support up to 4 GB
- User-friendly, familiar Palm OS(R) 5.4.9, including one-touch access to key applications
- Small, sleek form factor: 2.1″ (l) x 4.2″ (w) x 0.7″ (d) 4.2 ounces with battery
- 320 x 320 pixel color touch-screen and full QWERTY keyboard for easier e-mail, messaging and Web use
The Palm Centro will be made available online through the Verizon Wireless web site and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores (Circuit City included) for, you guessed it, $99.99 after $70 mail-in rebate under a 2-year contract.