ESET Intros Antivirus Software for Smartphones
With more and more people using their smartphones to browse the internet, download content and receive email, it’s natural to be concerned about your smartphone being unprotected. Very few solutions have been offered, but today it was announced that ESET, a leader in proactive threat solutions, has released a beta of its new antivirus software specifically made for mobile phones.
The press release lists a few features the new software offers:
- Heuristic Threat Detection – ESET Mobile Antivirus provides real-time protection against existing and future threats.
- On-demand Scanning – Contains scanning and cleaning of integrated and exchangeable memory media, and a full memory/running processes scan. Specific folder scanning is included and results are displayed after a scan.
- Advanced On-access Scanning – Scans all created/used files with enhanced virus detection capabilities at access time. ESET Mobile Antivirus scans incoming files via wireless connections as well (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Infrared).
- Activity Log – Stores statistics about accomplished scanning tasks and latest database status in a user-friendly format. A variable range of scan results-history is included.
- Variable In-depth Scanning of Cab Files – Enables users to set the level of cab files scanning to the preferred depth.
- Automatic/On-demand Updates – Ensures up-to-date protection against all threat types. Users can schedule updates on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Daily updates are set by default, and users are also allowed to switch off automatic updates if they prefer.
- Intuitive User Interface – Users’ experience is enhanced by easy-to-set dialogs and intuitive menu.
- Compact Updates – ESET’s update files are typically a fraction of the size of solutions that are more dependent upon signatures, consuming less bandwidth to the mobile device (this benefits carriers and users).
ESET’s beta is available for download here.