It’s a phone. It’s a car. Actually, it’s just a marketing ploy created by Howard Davis for his telephone company, Datel Communications.
A fully functional phone car that’s made out of a 1975 Volkswagen Beetle. In one word, I’d say it’s vintage. Ah, man and the ideas that he comes up with. To be clear, it’s fully functional as a car. As a phone, not so much.
I would’ve wanted for it to ship with a rotating dial, but the look is OK. To complete its car phone look, it not only features a face that’s covered with a numeric keypad and a full-on telephone handset, its car horn has also been replaced with a custom “ringtone” that will surely catch your attention.
I wouldn’t count on this phone car to go on sale any time soon, but I’d bet that once the marketing for Davis’ company is over, some weird items collector will come a-knockin’ for a quote on it.
Via New Launches
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG turns to Formula 1 to market its phones
- HTC says Apple’s iPhone, iPad and iPod should be banned in the US (but this will never happen)
- iOS 4.3 Now Allows Ringtone Purchases Direct to iPhone
- Samsung Ultra Edition 12.1 U700 Thinnest 3.5G HSDPA Handset
- Nokia 5700 can run BlackBerry OS – video proves it